BSc(Hons) MBBS MD FRCP
Tom Hyde Consultant, Cardiologist
BSc(Hons) 1992 Imperial College Molecular Sciences James Hope gold medal prize for cardiology , St George’s MBBS 1993 St George’s London MD (University of London) 2006 FRCP
As well as being a highly experienced general cardiologist Dr Hyde has a specialist interest in the prevention and management of coronary artery disease. He has worked at the Great Western Hospital as a consultant since 2006.
He is approachable, available and has had positive feedback about his consulting style. He sees patients at short notice and can arrange any tests required quickly.
His specialist training was at Barts and the London Chest Hospitals in East London, at the time it was the highest volume cardiac centre in the UK. He also spent time in the lipid clinic at the Royal London Hospital.
Dr Hyde's research was undertaken at the world famous Green Lane Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand and he was clinically based studying the outcomes of patients with acute coronary conditions, which in turn led to an MD. Dr Hyde has a busy NHS practice at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon.
He has trained in Cardiac CT at Harefield hospital and on an ACC/BCS preceptorship exchange in Beverley Hills Los Angeles. He has an interest in using CT to help diagnose coronary artery disease and enjoy explaining the results by going through the images with patients
Areas of interest
Angina; Atrial fibrillation; Acute coronary syndrome (ACS); Coronary and ischaemic heart disease; Interventional cardiology; Hypertension; Angiography; Hyperlipidaemia; Arrhythmias;Cardiology; Syncope; Computed tomography (CT); Coronary stenting;Cholesterol Website: www.cotswoldcardiology.co.uk/
Doctoralia reviews: www.doctoralia.co.uk/consultant/tom+hyde-12190557
BUPA finder profile: https://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/77305/?ql=&printPage=1
Dr Hyde has a regular clinic on Mondays 1:30-5pm at the BMI Ridgeway Hospital 01793 816062
He also sees patients privately in the Wiltshire Cardiac Centre for urgent rapid access consultations and for tests as part of Shalbourne Private Health Care. 01793 646060
Private Secretary: Kim Lach 01793 646215 Kim.Lach@gwh.nhs.uk Fax 01793646282
Ridgeway Appointments – Sarah 01793816062
Dr Hyde: email@example.com
Dr Hyde is actively involved in research at the Great Western Hospital looking into ways of improving heart attack care.
• Fysal Z, Hyde T Barnes E McCrea W Ramcharitar S. Evaluating stent optimisation technique StentBoost ® Cardiovasc Revasc Med 2014 Mar 13;15(2):92-6. Epub 2014
• Topan R, Hyde T A fateful kiss: the use of CT coronary angiogram in the diagnosis of non-cardiac chest pathology. BMJ Case reports 01/2012; 2012.
• Hyde TA, Ramcharitar S, Singh-Ranger R A Right A right radial artery false aneurysm EuroIntervention. 2010 Apr;5(8):995
• Hyde TA, Alzetani M, Banim SO A survey of drug eluting stents. British Journal of Cardiology (Acute Interv Cardiology)2004; 11:32
• Hyde TA, Knight C, NICE appraisals and cardiology: glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors and acute coronary syndromes. Hospital Medicine 2003:64:638-9
• Hyde TA, French JK, Wong C-K, Edwards C, Whitlock RML, White HD. Associations between ST depression, four year mortality and in-hospital revascularisation in unselected patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes Heart 2003;89:490-95
• French JK, Hyde TA, Patel H, Amos DJ, Straznicky IT, Webber BJ, Denton M, White H.D. Corrected TIMI frame count determines survival at 5 years but not 10 years after myocardial infarction J.Am.Coll.Cardiol 2000;35:1516-24
• Van der Water NS, French JK, Hyde TA, Lund M, White HD. Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin Variant G20210A in patients <50 years with a recent myocardial infarction and no angiographic stenosis > 50%. J.Am.Coll.Cardiol 2000;36:3717-22
• Timmis A, Hyde TA. Angina - The patient with Diabetes. Harcourt Brace(Book)1999
• Hyde TA, French JK, Wong CK, Straznicky, White HD. Four year survival of patients with unstable angina- Prognostic significance of 0.5mm ST depression. Am.J.Cardiol. 1999:84:379-385.
• French JK, Hyde TA, Patel H, Straznicky IT, Webber BJ, Mclaughlin SC, White HD. Survival 12 years after randomisation to receive streptokinase. J.Am.Coll.Cardiol. 1999:34:62-9
• Hyde TA, Timmis AD Diabetes and the heart. Hospital Medicine Feb 1999;60(2):90-94
• French JK, Hyde TA, White HD. Left Ventricular function following thrombolytic therapy for myocardial infarction. Journal of Interventional Cardiology 1998;11:9-18
- Family Life